Home

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Saroyan

Warning!!!Picture heavy post.



My first knitted lace shawl!!!And I lovvvveee it!!!Made this as a part of a KAL in Ravelry. So glad I did. I got this yarn as an RAK in Ravelry. Its Rowan Felted Tweed. I never thought it would look so good. It has a very nice drape to it and is very light.



I started making this on June 13th. Had to frog the initial 2 to 3 leaves so many times. But after that it was smooth sailing till I started the straight section. There was a bit of confusion as to how many leaves I needed to make to acquire the width I wanted for the shawl. At this time had to frog 2 to 3 leaves again to go back and do a few more increases. But then all went well after that. Got a bit bored with the straight section though. Was going really slow at that time. Once decreasing started it took me hardly two days. Have made 11 leaves in the increasing, 11 in the straight and 11 in the decreasing section



I have never blocked wool. But a friend in Ravelry helped me and told its the easiest to block. And since I did not know it would stay exactly as we block it, I ended up with a few points on the top part. hehehe. Spraying some water and reblocking solved the problem. Me happpppy and can't wait for winter to come.

9 comments:

mel @ loved said...

That's really lovely, I love the detail of the trim!

Deepa said...

Nice work!! What is KAL and what is RAK? Love the color by the way.

nima said...

wow..that looks gorgeous...awesome work..

Ninu said...

I dont know anything abt knitting but ur shawl looks soo beautiful,and neat!! i am also confused, whts KAL and RAK?

JCW said...

Love it!

Saritha said...

Thank you soooooo much all of you!!
@Deepa and Ninu
RAK is a group in Ravelry. Stands for Random Acts of Kindness, you can make wishlists and randomly send and receive stuff according to everyones wishlist.
KAL is a Knit Along. Lots of people start a project together. Help each other out in between if someone gets stuck, post progress pictures etc. Its fun and good for beginners like me.

jardinrouge said...

Beautiful shawl, and the colour is perfect!!

jardinrouge said...

Beautiful shawl, and the colour is perfect!

jardinrouge said...

Beautiful shawl, and the colour is perfect!